Certainly your four-legged family member would rather go on vacation with you; unfortunately, there are times when that just isn't possible.
The more typical options are:
- Boarding Your Pet
- Hiring a Professional Pet Sitter
Boarding Your PetIf your pet is friendly and social, and was introduced to a kennel environment at a young age, boarding may be a good choice.
- You don't have individual(s) you don't know coming into your home.
- Socialization, your dog will have the opportunity to play with and interact with other dogs.
- Your pet will be cared for by trained individuals.
- Not all kennels are created equally; do your research and find one with a good reputation.
- A kennel stay is very stressful to most pets, which can cause the pet to experience diarrhea.
- Many animals will not eat when they are in the kennel, due to stress.
- Exposure to various diseases/illnesses.
- Drop-off and pick-up times can be very inconvenient.
- There may not be 24 hour care.
- Your pet will be crated for possibly long periods of time.
Hiring a Professional Pet SitterAdvantages
- Your pet stays in the comfort of his/her own home, in the surroundings they are most familiar, eliminating the trauma of travel.
- Your pet experiences less stress, and is not exposed to diseases, illnesses and parasites.
- Pets are kept on their regular routine; meals, walks and playtime.
- The pet receives one-on-one love and personal attention during your absence.
- Your home is also cared for, and provided with a level of home security; mail is taken in, newspapers picked up, plants are watered, blinds are opened/closed, and lighting is adjusted.
- Daily progress reports detailing each visit or stay.
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors.
- Allowing a person you don't know into your home; be sure to do your research and find a pet sitter with a good reputation. Ensure they are bonded, insured and have first aid training. Ask for references.
- Your pet is left alone most of the day; if your pet is used to be alone during your working hours, then this won't be much of an issue. If he/she is not used to being left alone, consider sleepover services.
Wiggles n Wags Pet Services
The owner, Penny Lyons, is passionate about animals, and understands the special bond between people and pets, and that unconditional love that is shared between them.
Wiggles n Wags Pet Services consists of a staff of 6 professionally trained sitters that insures dependability and reliability.
Wiggles n Wags Pet Services is bonded and insured, is a member of the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS). and Pet Sitters International (PSI).
Best of all, their client testimonials are just glowing!
Areas of Service
- North Wales
- New Britain
- Gwynedd Valley
- Montgomery Township